PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CX Shares slip below HK8
View Single Post
Old 4th Jun 2020, 20:14
Sam Ting Wong

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My guess is you are sitting on huge paper losses. Since I don't, who is the financial moron?

I also never disputed the free float share proportion of Cathay stock, or did I?

I said I personally would not buy Cathay for 5. Cathay will be a different and most probably significant smaller company in the future.
In my opinion this will be reflected in the share price. It's just my opion and I have (obviously) no idea where the price will be in the future. Nobody knows.

A future cash shortage might lead to an increase of the free flow share. Or one of the current institutional share holders might want to exit. Which means existing shares might suffer, regardless how high the proportion of institutional holders is today.I would not claim to be an expert stock trader ( and never have), but as far as I know large institutional ownership share in public traded companies are rather the norm than the exception. Many other airlines have similar shareholder constructs, e.g. easyjet. To conclude this would somehow automatically safeguard a stock from devaluating is certainly wrong.

If you think otherwise, now is the chance to buy for you. No need to insult me, just put your money where your mouth is and reap your profits later.

I personally never understood why employees buy the stock of their own employer in the first place. If your company goes belly up you lose your job and your assets. But that's just me.

Last edited by Sam Ting Wong; 4th Jun 2020 at 21:19.