PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 14 day quarantine
View Single Post
Old 1st Jun 2020, 15:09
Jet II

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Maninthebar
...and I know...... (actually I do, early 40s mother of 2, off her feet for 10 days). Also we know Dominic and Boris.... but enough of that anecdotal evidence.

You may want to ask yourself why no other jurisdiction has gone down your suggested route. You might also want to read the minutes of SAGE meetings from January onwards in which questions such as yours were considered.
Dom had very slight symptoms and Boris was obese, a known cause of Covid19 mortality. Which is actually what I pointed out.

My problem with the advice from SAGE, is that SAGE contains nobody who is an economist or even looking at the economic consequences of their decisions and it also contained nobody who was in any danger of becoming unemployed by their decisions. Now you can argue that the Government should have been weighing those issues with the advice from SAGE but the political reality is that if SAGE had put forward a recommendation no Government was going to go against that recommendation as the political cost in not 'following the science' would have been too high.

So we are where we are with unemployment going back to 1930's levels and all the misery and death that brings with it.