PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Global Aviation Solutions testing day
View Single Post
Old 25th Nov 2003, 18:51
Puritan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
number - It is easy ( but you seemingly don't get it ! ).

Wr.t. employment and 'The only chances are with Storm and Astraeus.' - I'm afraid that your assumption is just plain wrong.

Nb. You should remember that, for many years, approx 50% of Storm's business has been placing pilots with airlines ( both permanent and contract ) with remainder of Storm's business being the provision of 'engineering line maintenance' and other ancillary services for airlines.

I know for a fact that Storm have been out talking to airlines ( in the UK and Europe ) and making arrangements with those airlines for them to take-on the pilots who complete the GAS type-rating course.

That said, one would imagine that the GAS pilots are initially on temporary airline contracts, but where it is to be hoped that the host airline(s) will convert the temporary contracts into something more permanent.... failing that one might choose to continue as a 'contract pilot' ( and many do ) wherein Storm are quite likely to be able to find them contracts to match their employment needs ( especially so as it's in Storm’s own interest to do it ).

cleared24right - just seen your post above ( hence the edit ) Thanks for the link.... which I think you'll find confirms what I said at the top of this page w.r.t. Astraeus’ fleet size.
I also suspect that you're right about Astraeus' recruitment from the GAS scheme in that, unless things dramatically change, Astraeus are presently mob-handed with FO's.... it's Captains that are thin on the ground.