PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Pocket PC's - iPAQs and the like......
View Single Post
Old 25th Nov 2003, 18:35
Luca_brasi

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I am getting the new O2 XDA II in a couple of days and will mainly be using it as an organiser as well as putting a weight and balance and takeoff and landing calculator program I've done up myself on it for the times when using pen and paper isn't very practical.

I am looking at getting a Bluetooth GPS receiver in the not too distant future but it will initially be for position confirming on long trips and for navigational assistance in the car in unfamilar locations with lack of maps. The good thing is you can get any type of map that you wish of any are and stick them on a data card and have it handy any time you find yourself without a clue of where you are.

However I am not too keen on the always on Internet function, especially as it is running MSN Messenger on it as well. Does anyone know how this feature can be disabled?? I plan on just shutting MSN Messenger down but the GPRS makes me worry about high phone bills.

Also can you use the email function on it to hook up with Yahoo Mail so that it instant alerts you to mail received??