PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air Atlantique Sponsorship
View Single Post
Old 25th Nov 2003, 17:29
Luke SkyToddler

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Settle down geostrophic-wind

Before you ask, Yes I do work within the Atlantic group and everything space-odyssey said was pretty much spot on.

If you are going off at him because he's spilled the beans on the AFT expectation that cadets will work hard, during anti-social hours, doing manual ops related duties, ask any single person who's been through that scheme and they'll tell you as much.

If you are afraid of a bit of that, or indeed of getting your first few hundred flying hours by virtue of flying low level orbits in some battered uncomfortable old cessna twin, hundreds of miles out over some very very cold deep water, then Atlantic is not the place for you because that is exactly the way it is.

Now that we've cleared that up, hands up who still wants a fully sponsored frozen ATPL?

Golly gee I do believe we might still get enough people applying to fill a course or two.

And don't misunderstand me, it's a brilliant opportunity for those who are up for it. Don't be put off by the lack of glass cockpits and pretty blondes serving your coffee in the cruise and all that , it's a good company with some excellent people in it and those of you who have the right mental attitude will have the time of your lives.