PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Saudi’s dirty game against its pilots
View Single Post
Old 28th May 2020, 01:27
SaulGoodman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Kicking out a fully operational pilot at the slightest hint of a quarterly loss in company earnings during a global pandemic is pathetic and unscrupulous. Denying him his basic rights and remunerations when he is already reeling at a job loss is simply sick !
And very very Saudi in nature.
Any expat going to work in Saudia and expecting any form of basic rights is deluded. You all went there for the pay check or because you have lost your job elsewhere. A foreigner in the Middle East will always be a second class citizen at best. Sorry you lost your income but as someone who worked elsewhere in the ME I can’t classify it as a surprise in the current climate.

There is enough documentation on how foreigners are treated in the ME and especially in Saudia Arabia. They pay you that means they owe you. Anyone who is contemplating legal action is completely deluded. You have no rights. Just ask all the political activists (oh wait, I mean terrorists) who are in Saudia prisons about the legal system in place.

You chose to work in a place where there are no human rights and where public punishments are still being enforced but somehow you are angry because you are not treated the same as back home in the west....