PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 14 day quarantine
View Single Post
Old 27th May 2020, 06:28
Maninthebar

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
[QUOTE=MaximumPete;10793937]
Originally Posted by Douglas Bahada
Deaths still keep on occurring. Hospitals still mainly empty, Non Covids dropping like flies for lack of treatment. Apparently the UK is one of the only countries not screening new arrivals. Yet we are on a downward trend.

​​​
Quote from Douglas Bahada:-
18% of the UK population are over the age of 65. They are at most risk and account for 80% of deaths. So we shut down our society. Furlough our taxpayers and bankrupt our future to provide protection to people who are in no position to contribute financially to society.

The lunatics are running the asylum.
End of quote

I feel your comments are not applicable to many members of this forum. I'm a retired 73 year old pilot with thirty five years in the industry. I have a company pension and paid over £17,000 in direct tax last year. In addition there's a considerable amount of indirect taxation. I am not alone by any means.

MP
And you could also say:

Those who we are seeking to protect are all those who have already spent 4 or more decades of their lives building the world in which we live, paying taxes, raising families, in fact raising us. To describe this as the young sacrificing for the old is a descent into barbarism