PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - NCA and WSOp
Thread: NCA and WSOp
View Single Post
Old 25th Nov 2003, 07:52
TimC

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up

Hi

Just dropped on here to see what's going on and see if there's anything about Nimrods . Glad to hear my web page is still being put to good use, though I expected that coz I'm still getting a couple of emails a month from hopefuls (dunno what I can tell them though!).

I've been having serious thoughts about WSOp again. It's getting towards three years since I failed at OASC. I joined the TA as they suggested and also took up gliding, I've also had a flight on a Nimrod, which was brilliant. I never wrote to the guys who sertup that flight for me because I wanted to wait until I had applied and been accepted, feel really bad about that coz it was the best thing I have ever done in my life.

I'm now working in a job I find boring and also doing an MSc part time. The only thing that really enthuses me at the moment is flying gliders at the weekend.

I know I've asked this before, but are they still taking people on for WSOp? Wouldn't they say I too am looking for an easy option? Then again, I can't be a pilot/loadie (eyesight) or nav (legs too long!) and I just want to fly.