PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Canadian Forces Snowbirds CT-114 down in British Columbia
Old 24th May 2020, 08:13
monkey416

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by DCThumb
Just an observation. The initial left turn starts as the aircraft moves up and out of formation - it looks like an instinctive easing wide to avoid the lead once sight of him is lost. The reasoning why that turn was tightened shortly thereafter could be turn back, unintentional following ejection seat issues or trying to point in a safer direction to eject having made the initial turn towards the town.
yeah there are some things going on there that I just cannot make sense of. i bet it will be a really interesting case once the investigation is done; pilot is out of hospital now so im sure hes had his chance to say his piece to the flight safety guys etc. could be so many factors including the terrain, river etc. Not a great airfield to experience a problem like that. Had it been me I would have had serious concerns about ending up ejecting into the thompson river at this time of year and theres also terrain on both sides of departure end. thinking back about other tutor accidents over the years its almost pointless to speculate as there have been so may freak occurrences over the years. only thing for sure is that this will undoubtedly be an interesting case study as things move forward.