PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Piaggio Avanti
Thread: Piaggio Avanti
View Single Post
Old 23rd May 2020, 10:15
eyealess

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
WinkWink.

I started brokering exec jets back in 2016. A lot of our clients who previously flew in Lears and Citations absolutely love the Piaggio. It’s our go to aircraft for European charters. The feedback from them is how quiet and spacious the cabin is. The problem we have is getting hold of them. There’s not a huge amount in comparison to say King Airs or Citations

Having had the pleasure in the past of flying right hand seat in the Avanti, I can only say positive things about the aircraft. Speed, alt, economy all great for Jet like characteristics.

As has been mentioned here previously regards the manufacturer itself. Piaggio are looking for another buyer/investor but obvs at the moment things are somewhat difficult. Technical dispatch has never caused us or me a problem either in the flying sense or chartering sense. In fact it’s been100%.

Noise issues do not seem a major problem here in Europe although I see this is causing a rather long debate on here with our US friends.

Carry out due diligence regards the undercarriage. There is an upgrade for older Avantis to be fitted with this upgrade which extends TBO massively. To purchase one without will cost serious money going forward.

Happy hunting.