PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways
Thread: British Airways
View Single Post
Old 20th May 2020, 09:22
116d

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by spannersatcx
Finally, so still unable to get any answer by phone or email, found some postings on BA Facebook page alluding to the same issues, somebody said contact them on twitter. Never used twitter, so created an account, sent them a message and lo and behold, email received in an hour stating passed to refund department, money refunded 3 days later.
Find it strange that you can't get it through the channel they tell you to use but have to join twitter to get back what you are entitled too. Still think overall it's poor though.
I suspect part of that is because if a complaint or an issue is on Twitter, it's there for all and sundry to see, so in the interests of positive PR (or damage control?) they have to be seen to be acting quickly. How quickly something gets resolved if taken to Twitter also depends if whoever is operating the Twitter feed is empowered to be proactive with customer complaints and if it is decided that customers can contact them via Twitter. Whoever is operating the Twitter feed is also mindful that whatever they tweet under their employer's handle is basically tweeting on behalf of the company, so they mustn't tweet in haste like individuals or certain politicians tend to do and risk making a tit of themselves, otherwise the backlash can cause more negative PR.

I say this from another airline is one example how not to handle a customer's post. It's tame in the grand scheme of things, but it fanned the flames when you look at the responses:

It also made a national newspaper (yes I know the Independent doesn't appear in print form anymore): https://www.independent.co.uk/travel...-a9041451.html

I agree though it's not good if issues are being resolved more quickly via Twitter than via official channels.