PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Thunderbird Diamond SoCal Emergency Breakaway
Old 19th May 2020, 17:42
gums

Received 55 Likes on 16 Posts
Salute!

Great links, Megan !!!

Didn't know the RAAF even had a demo team. Have to ask Spaz of the F-16.net, F-35 forums, flew A-4 and other planes from the carrier and is firmly in control of the F-35 forums. NSW home and escaped the fires this past summer.

Glad to encounter someone that recalled the Tiger that the Blues flew for a few years. Saw one show at Denver in the early 60's with the F-11. Impressive. That altitude takes away more from the motor than most folks realize. I also thot it had a J-57 motor, but the thing it had was enuf for the solo to do a dirty roll just after wheels up - Lowry AFB. Up to then, I only saw the Blues at New Orleans NAS in Panthers and Cougars, then went up to the trade school in Colorado and Birds were in F-100's until early 70's.

Always thot that the Viper was made to order for a female or even a midget due to the seat and rudder pedal configuration. I am short, but could adjust everything to fit "just right". Rudder pedals only moved a half an inch and stick only "budged" an eighth of an inch at best. First ones I flew didn't move at all, heh heh.

Gums sends...