PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - PR Holders Verses Work Permits
View Single Post
Old 17th May 2020, 02:47
Slasher1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Flying Clog
Not if the officer voluntarily resigns, to prevent a forced move to HKG against his will.
I really hope the company doesn't think this way. In many of these countries there's a pretty strong legal system (some even where a plaintiff bears no cost unless the case is won) and I'm fairly certain such a thing would trigger all kinds of grievances and legal maneuvers. You can't cancel a CA simply to willingly evade the layoff in order of seniority provisions within it. Or in an attempt to stiff those with pay protection. And if this was the plan there would be a likely paper (electronic) record of it somewhere and devious plans get found out. Regardless this would be very expensive for the company.

Not to mention I'll bet such an individual would be older and older people sometimes aren't too speedy. And their parts break. So you have the potential to bring on some seriously unhappy dead weight (at least if they wanted to be dead weight) which sucks your resources down in the short term. Yes, in the long run you might get your plan but I'd bet it'd be a lot more costly than simply leaving things alone. It's sure as heck going to cost more than a year or two of pay per person any way you slice it.