PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Average US flight 17 pax
View Single Post
Old 17th May 2020, 01:19
b1lanc

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by jan99
Guarantee may be too strong. But the airline product needs safety rules for anti-infection as effective as those the XAA have in place to assure survivable landings. Provided they want to sell people like me (age 70) a ticket.
Nobody can ever guarantee anti-infection - not in the food stores, not in any mass transit, and not even in the hospital. Even a flu shot every year does not guarantee you will not get the seasonal flu. Never seen a guarantee of survivable landings either. Maybe it's time to bring back the flight/life insurance kiosks that we used to have in all airports in the '50s and '60s.

What will keep me from flying? The fact that to go east coast to Idaho, I'd have to sleep in O'Hare, Philadelphia, or Charlotte overnight to get there with no return itinerary available. At that point, I start thinking about an RV and to heck with flying for personal reasons since I don't have my own aircraft - nothing open anyway at the other end. The gov't can still send me TDY, but I'll do so reluctantly since there is nobody on the far end to work with either.