PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - PR Holders Verses Work Permits
View Single Post
Old 16th May 2020, 23:27
mngmt mole

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Controlled. I understand my comments are disturbing. It's not my job to provide the evidence. That is the company's job. All I can tell you is that I have seen the numbers. There are many metrics that are included in the overall costings on this. The day of bases being a cost effective entity are over. I don't like that fact any more than you obviously do. I might add; once the company bullies everyone onto much lower contracts, the bases will be even more cost ineffective. Simply a consequence of the times we are living in. More to the point, once CX began lowering the overall pay and benefits of the HK pilots (COS18 as an example), it was only a matter of time before the day was reached that the bases were no longer cost effective. Needless to say, this event has brought that reality quickly to the fore. We'll see what this week brings. Perhaps our management will reign in their baser instincts and look to the long term. We'll see... (btw, the suggestion that the previous post lays out is highly likely. Bases may be tackled after HK has been dealt with. Ultimately, bases will be tackled).