PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 14 day quarantine
View Single Post
Old 11th May 2020, 22:22
Adambrau

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
OK talking about 14-day quarantines did you know that NY/NJ residents are supposed to fill out a form and self quarantine upon arrival in Florida? Unfortunately my Father-in-Law passed last week and Thursday I fly down for a very private small soc-distanced commemoration. Funeral to be when it can be later. After spending a few days short of 2 months in my NYC apartment and strictly obeying Government guidance, I really do have very mixed thoughts about this trip. It really angers me the number of Americans not following the direction of their Governor/Mayor and now I am going to be that person. But in all honesty I am more worried about getting sick by Floridians than vv. NB because Florida does not actively enforce quarantine of NY/NJ folks - buying two 1-way tickets will evade entry to the Sunshine State. Head scratching.

As for the exemption of French citizens into the UK and vv?, if and when there is a 14 day quarantine instituted wouldn't France be more worried about UK citizens visiting than the other way around? UK still peaking France less so, for the moment at least. I have lived in both your beautiful countries and work for Air France so of course I am excited to hear of of borders opening. Or at least being contemplated. I wish everyone health, safe travel and best wishes for all families in this uncertain moment.