PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 14 day quarantine
View Single Post
Old 11th May 2020, 12:55
Jet II

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by wiggy
Sorry I just read that and spilt my cafe over the screen and got pain au chocolat crumbs in my keyboard...you're are right of course, depending on the metrics France has got one of the worse....and the winner is....??

I think one of the big worries the French Government have, and have expressed quite strongly in recent weeks, is the UK's awful Covid-19 problem and the risk of travellers from the UK bringing the virus into France....so I'm just as puzzled by the the idea of "free" travel between the UK and France as you are- or maybe the French will maintain their fairly draconian inbound restrictions on individuals travelling from the UK..we will see.
Well the French have already confirmed that they will not impose a 14 day quarantine on UK visitors if we do the same for theirs. But that is not the point - if the science decides that a quarantine is needed the OK, but then why give an exception to one of the worst hit places in Europe?. Also what is the difference between a train, a boat and an airplane - why do arrivals on aircraft need to be treated differently to arrivals by the other 2 methods?.

As I said - I like to see the science behind this decision.