PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 14 day quarantine
View Single Post
Old 10th May 2020, 12:36
anson harris

Received 11 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by captain8
So whats your point, ask all passengers to behave unethically and be irresponsible ?
Many laws can be worked around, thats not the point. Its a strong government recommendation, a requirement. Sure folks can obviate it, but then we’re back to the middle ages, aren’t we a civilised trustworthy society?
On Friday, in the supposedly civilised town that I live in, I walked past several street barbecues, all clearly mixing multiple households. So no, I don't think we very trustworthy, sadly. People have clearly had enough, no longer trust the incompetents that they overwhelmingly elected because Boris is a bit of a laugh and have decided to take policy into their own hands. The irony being that they were celebrating VE Day by putting at risk the very people that managed to survive WW2.

Unfortunately the Government have lost the initiative (if they ever had it) and are being held in contempt by people that were until recently doing pretty much as they were told. Control of the situation has been lost and the sooner we accept that and try and mitigate it, the better. A 14 day quarantine for incoming travellers really is the metaphorical re-arranging of the deckchairs.