PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 14 day quarantine
View Single Post
Old 10th May 2020, 10:22
macdo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
[QUOTE=BehindBlueEyes;
By the way, don’t believe all the propaganda regarding the NHS you see in the media either. I have friends and family ‘on the front line’ and they are twiddling their thumbs and itching to get back to routine surgery etc as they are spending a lot of time standing around, just in case. A number of them are surprisingly against any further extension of the lockdown too as they can see the long term damage it’s doing to the health system.[/QUOTE]

This is strange but true. I have been taking my ancient relative to hospital (small city) every week since this started. It is amazing watching the tumbleweed blow down the COVID19 free parts of the hospital. CAT Scan sir, yes please anytime now is fine! Same with our nursing friends who, in different parts of the UK, have a very low workload just now. I'm sure its different in London, Brum etc. but I suspect a great many people are not getting routine treatment they need. How many of those will lead to fatal consequences? The only way we'll know is from the Excess Mortality figures, and they aren't available yet.

No one size fits all in this pandemic.