PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 14 day quarantine
View Single Post
Old 10th May 2020, 09:48
FlipFlapFlop

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by anson harris
The Government haven't even said this is going to happen. As far as I can tell it's come about as a result of a leaked conference call to industry on Saturday morning. It's probably useful to have a guide to UK policy making:

1. Daily Mail starts rant about something usually connected to foreigners/immigrants/brown people or all three (ie Meghan Markle).
2. Government floats idea for radical policy in the media or to industry
3. Wait for further high brow analysis from the Daily Mail to see if there's a positive or negative reaction.
4. Depending on outcome either issue denials or proceed accordingly.

In this case, I see they're already denying it, so I'm going to assume it's not happening. If it does happen, it will be too little, too late now I'm afraid. Britain is riddled and it's come about as a result of Government dithering. I think you really have to wonder what is going on when even Greece is looking at us and thinking "WTF"?
Absolutely spot on. Had begun to think that the lunatic asylum had opened their doors. The UK has no clear strategy. We have dithered and vacillated between solutions. Policy is clearly determined by the Daily Mail and its likes. There was a post yesterday on FaceBook showing a photo of Flight tracker with a 330 from Wuhan exclaiming absolute horror that we should be allowing such a thing. The ignorance of people is staggering when they cannot see that Wuhan had no new cases in the last few days and we have over 5000 a day.

The route out for aviation will require cooperation between countries who have managed to control spread. None that have will allow contagion from the likes of us.