PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 14 day quarantine
View Single Post
Old 9th May 2020, 09:36
GeeRam

Received 77 Likes on 39 Posts
Originally Posted by Thaihawk
The coming tax increases will be severe and long-lasting. Many over 65s will be killed, reducing the government pension bill. The British economy has been destroyed, and recovery will not happen within the lifespans of most reading this today.
Of the 3 people I know that have died from Covid-19, 2 were under 55 with no underlying health conditions, but both worked worked in public transport enviroment and were subjected to high viral load conditions over a period of many days prior to lockdown.
All public transportation will be affected by this in the coming 18 months, not just aviation, but sadly, UK Govt are not interested in supporting aviation as it's after the green vote, so will happily cast it aside. Don't forget Boris stated he would lay down in front of the bulldozers of a 3rd runway at LHR, which is why HMG said in Jan they would not be appealing the court decision on LHR expansion. If this virus is with us for ever, the money being pumped into HS2 will be even more of a white elephant than many predicted before this virus took hold as no one will be using it!
The only way this virus will be eradicated outside a lab, will be to deny it human host for long enough......that means all countries isolating themselves until zero community transmission occurs for 21 days at least.
My job at Heathrow was terminated a month ago, and its highly unlikely I will ever work there or in aviation again.