PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - China's expansionist strategy
View Single Post
Old 7th May 2020, 16:22
A_Van

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Doors To Manuel
Last time I wandered round shopping malls in several major cities in China the one thing that struck me about the cinemas was the almost complete absence of Western films. Just like Bollywood produces more output than Hollywood, the Chinese have their own language film industry. OK, Harry Potter and James Bond may still do it for them, but quite rightly their heroes and heroines these days are home grown.
Exactly. 3-4 years ago we traveled to the island of Hainan with my wife using Hainan airlines. I had tons of reservations about Chinese carriers but this one had a perfect dept/arr times and ideal stopover. Onboard the plane I did not see any screen (for inflight entertainment) and was proudly told that they were so advanced that gave every pax smth like Ipad (maybe Surface Pro, don't remember) that was located in the pocket of the seat in front. ОК, but when I opened it I only found movies about Mao and their revolution in 40's. Number of f...cks that I sent outloud in the air was endless. Most of the passenger were not Chinese, but Russian plus many from Europe.