PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air Canada
Thread: Air Canada
View Single Post
Old 5th May 2020, 19:56
surveytheworld

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by furioussphinx

However I want to know how are requirements with Air Canada being an experienced expat FO, do I have any chances or I should plan to apply for regionals? (Any regionals flying a320?)
You won't have any chances at the Regionals either, for a few years at least, and to be perfectly honest, your jet FO hours won't be worth much to a northern operator who operates props out of gravel or snow covered strips.

For any company that hasn't laid off pilots yet, it's coming soon, and will get worse before it gets better. Many of us are hanging onto our jobs only because of government wage subsidies, which paints an unrealistic picture of unemployment levels. When the subsidies end and flying isn't back to early 2020 levels, there will be massive layoffs. Then, when hiring starts again, companies will have to bring back all their furloughed pilots before they can hire from the outside.

I see aviation in Canada now to be worse than the way it was in 2002 or so - tough times for everyone, and who you know really will become key.