PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - KLM resumes daily flights from Amsterdam to Madrid,Barcelona and Rome.
Old 5th May 2020, 07:55
exfocx

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by guy_incognito
People really do seem to want to stick their fingers in their ears and not face the inconvenient truth, which is that the world economy has been destroyed to protect against a threat that causes at worst a mild illness in the vast majority of people. Most of us will get it at some point because strict control measures cannot be imposed indefinitely without a total breakdown of society. There is no scientific consensus that either effective treatment or an effective vaccine will be found. It is something that we are going to have to learn to live with, and we will have to accept that some of us will die from it. In the meantime, the direct and indirect impact of the lockdown measures imposed will be felt for generations to come.
The ones who are sticking their fingers in their ears are the likes of you! It isn't just those over 60 who are more susceptible, there is more than enough literature out there pointing this out. From babies to the elderly, I guess these idiots also do not have relatives who would be affected? I work with three pilots who need to be careful and two of them have grandchildren who need to be very careful.

If you feel you're not at risk, please go out there and do your utmost to get it, I hope it's a life threatening event for you.

Last edited by exfocx; 5th May 2020 at 08:11.