PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair to cut 3,000 jobs
View Single Post
Old 3rd May 2020, 11:27
Hawker400

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Smithy175
LIFO, why would Ryanair adopt this considering quite a lot of most recent starters emanated from the cadet scheme where Ryanair covered the cost of the training in exchange for 5k euro and bonding for 5 years

In addition cadets are the lowest paid, wouldn't make economical sense to just let the lowest paid individuals to walk away with a free type rating and hundreds of hours on type

The memo also stated "3000 job losses and/or pay cuts", cannot understand why you would include and/or, is this a provocation from Ryanair to get a reaction from UK or Irish government to give them some form of financial support by cutting airport taxes

Would not be surprised if MOL manages to get another large order in for Max aircraft at lower prices when Boeing are on their knees
But they did. Myself and everyone in both Ryanair and sister airlines have been let go (varies at what stage of training you were in but assume anyone that haven't completed the line check) with training fees + bonds completely written off, could be a gesture of goodwill but also saving themselves from the legal hassle of not offering work as there is none available (one of the clauses of the bond agreement).

I completed my base training 10 days before the airline let us go. Walking away with a free type rating doesn't sound so nice when all you have is 1hr in the RHS and 6 touch and goes.

Regarding your last point that's more wishful thinking than I'd be comfortable sharing at the moment.