PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - China's expansionist strategy
View Single Post
Old 3rd May 2020, 08:01
Cool Guys

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
China has no expansionist strategy from a military perspective. They are just taking back their territories as decreed by Mao Zedong in 1949. They have almost completed. Its only really Taiwan to go but this could take some time. It will be achieved without bloodshed providing outsiders such as the US don’t stir the pot. Once this is completed China will be happy regarding their territories for a couple of thousand years. I'm not saying I agree with this, just saying how it is. China is building a strong military because they don't want another occurrence of the raping and pillaging of their country that occurred in the 19th and 20th century.

From an economic perspective it would seem like China has an expansionist strategy but this is just an inevitable occurrence when you have 1.5 billion people with a high work ethic and a desire to make a bit of money. It is not China’s fault that a good portion of the US is either on drugs, obese, or struggling to make ends meet because they have been screwed big time by Wall street.

I have been to China many times. it’s a great place, very vibrant, safe, friendly & warm people, interesting history and amazing cultural sites. But I can understand why some people may feel a bit uncomfortable. It is a different culture. The US is a great place also.

I did some work for a high-tech international conglomerate in China. They made a lot of money from their Chinese business. Sure, they had to hand over a bit of technology but they just handed over some old technology and kept the latest to themselves. It was a win-win situation. I don’t buy this story that China has screwed American companies. If they got screwed it was due to their own stupidity. I agree that Huawei is an issue but there are a lot better ways of handling it than what Trump is doing. The US is afraid of China because they do not conform with US interests. There are better ways of handling this than blame, revenge and bullying.

No country is perfect and I don’t think the US is in a position to criticise. When it suits the US interests, they are quite happy to rape and pillage a country and then stand on their moral high ground as if everything ethical and just. The world under Trump makes the world a far more dangerous place than anything China has ever done.