PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Racist Saa
Thread: Racist Saa
View Single Post
Old 23rd Nov 2003, 12:04
KASAC 7

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thank you Capt Underpants for clarifying the point I have been trying to make. Unfortunately, something about this thread has pulled Gymbals chain and he finds it necessary to attack me personally. To set the record straight, yes I am building experience in Botswana because this was the only place that I could get a job due to my low experience level at the time. However, in Botswana the employer has to prove to the labour department that there are no suitably qualified citizens for the job before they can employ an expat. I don't see that happening with SAA! If you want the real evidence, why don't you just ask SAA management and hear it from the horses mouth? It appears that Gymbal is already sitting pretty at SAA with the nice fat salary, and has forgotten what it is like to be battling along at the bottom trying to make it to the top.

Let me also point out that I don't have a beef with the guys from Africa who are being employed by SAA, I would do the same if I was in their shoes. My beef is with SAA who are employing these guys simply to add black faces to the flight deck and meet their quota, at the expense of the rest of the suitably qualified crew who are citizens!!