PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair to cut 3,000 jobs
View Single Post
Old 3rd May 2020, 01:46
Saulman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Maybe I’m missing something. But isn’t this the airline that essentially saved Boeing in 2001, and tends to grow in crisis. This is certainly unprecedented, it’s worse than 9/11 or 2008 for the industry. The key word is up to and MOL seems to be pushing hard on governments for tax adjustments etc. However, in the wake of this Norwegian based on their proposals won’t be in the market, if Stelios gets his way EasyJet are smaller, and if BA follow through on LGW. LGW as an example is a relatively empty place..MAN has no Flybe base or Thomas Cook within 6 months. I’m not sure any other airline in the world could capitalise on a crisis like Ryanair. There may well certainly be base closures, job cuts and so on. But at the end of this you’re potentially looking at an airline that wreck havoc of what’s left behind after Covid19. Ryanair will need it’s pilots to fill those holes and capitalise within 12 months. I understand the rhetoric is to despise Ryanair on this forum, but I just thought I’d throw out an alternative view.
In another unpopular sentence, MOL has been extremely accurate in everything he has said to press. I sincerely hope he follows through on court action.