PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - French Age 60 Rule
View Single Post
Old 23rd Nov 2003, 07:44
akada

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bigscotdaddy! You wrote that several of us spent years on tiny salaries. That’s a correct statement. That does not mean though that you are allowed to steal the pension from younger colleagues, preventing upgrades, endangering the whole pensionsystem, preventing young pilots from getting into the airlines from their low income instructorjobs.
You are also saying that your struggle gives you the right to continue working beyond 60. That statement shows the egoistic thinking I’m talking about. Don’t even try to make us believe that your financial situation is that bad that you would starve if you were to retire at 60.

Packsonflite! You are the only one that gives a reasonable explanation to why you want to continue beyond 60 and that’s you passion for flying. I fully understand your reasons and I appreciate that you are not using the stupid excuse for a bad financial situation. If circumstances were different and there was a shortage of pilots it would be more understandable. If you love flying why don’t you go to the flyingclubs and share your lifelong experience where it would be appreciated?

I suppose and hope that all of you have and are supporting the pilot unions. For those who insist on working beyond 60 I suggest you take a look at Allied Pilots page: http://www.alliedpilots.org/Public/t...ge_60_rule.pdf

No matter how much you are screaming for pity there will still be a majority of pilots that don’t want your presence on flightdeck