PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - QF LCC to recruit externally..
View Single Post
Old 23rd Nov 2003, 05:33
Douglas Mcdonnell

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ESS102, I think you would find that one of the real reasons no one wanted intergration with EAA was due to the problems that occured after QF bought Impulse. The carry on from most quarters in the QF regional group has been well documented previously on this forum. Needless to say, what was probably a small but very vocal minority screwed the rest of you. Having talked to mates that fly in EAA, I know for a fact that they were very annoyed by the public conduct of their "professional collegues".

Unfortunately they painted a pretty ordinary picture of the groups. By this I mean EAA, Sunstate and Southern. Remember the CASA complaint by Southern. Brilliant result that must of left egg on so many faces within the Southern group.

Also one of the sticking points was the fact that out of 30 or so redundant pilots on the bottom of the list I think 1 was taken into EAA. So Impulse were required by you to intergrate but it was all a one way street. How does that work?

Contrary to you protesting that there was action from the IPG regarding this issue, I can tell you that it was debated at length for months. The rank and file having the final say. The proposal, that was put forward seemed to be pitched at 5 yr olds. I found the differing seniority systems, how many were there 3 or 4?, to be too messy. Who ever dreamed them up needed to have it explained that no matter how deep within the document you hide this stuff, people who can actuall read will find it!

In short , as has happened before a very vocal minority made it nearly impossible for any other group to want to take you on.

Your previous post only highlited that the correct decision was made.

Last edited by Douglas Mcdonnell; 23rd Nov 2003 at 05:55.