PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flying in Europe - Low level jobs
View Single Post
Old 30th Apr 2020, 22:53
covec

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Nav_Tech
Hi all,

New guy so sorry if I am in the wrong section.

So my girlfriend and I are seriously considering moving to Germany. (Yes she is a citizen, so I can get the right to work there).
She's a scientist, so I believe she will be able to find a job in that country.

My background is diverse: 8 years a C-130 navigator, became a C-130 loadmaster to pay for my CPL. So now I have a South African ME IR CPL, with frozen ATPL.
Hopefully, once we can get out of our COVID lock-down, I can add the instructor qualification to my name as well.

I know the industry has now taken a knock like never before. I always wanted to into airlines (might have had a shot at my airline's cadet programme, but think that point is moot now), but I also enjoy flying enough to give instruction or the odd charter or whatever job you might find.
I'm also open to other aviation-related jobs, or even non-related to get started.

So, my question then - do you guys think you can make a living in Europe?

Our aviation industry won't have space for me, of that I'm certain.

Thanks for you inputs.

Regards,
Erich
Erich, are there no jobs in Africa “low level”? Like Wildlife Protection or something - government run maybe?

I’ve just had to give up on my dream: there’s going to be too many Type Rated airline pilots around - I have 1000 hours FI & can’t compete with 9000+ pilots so was considering Africa!

Good luck, though mate.

PS DEA Diamond Executive Aviation. DA42 DA62 Maritime Surveillance. All Single Pilot MEIR. 1 Sensor Operator onboard too - ex-military.