PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways
Thread: British Airways
View Single Post
Old 30th Apr 2020, 20:01
kcockayne

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by davidjohnson6
The 1918 flu pandemic was rather more severe than Covid, yet the world carried on. Over 100 years later, medicine has advanced hugely. Ebola is a disease which mainly affects people living in the very poorest of countries - i.e. not places where the stockmarket worries about particularly - yet a vaccine was found. Big pharma and medical researchers at universities all over the world are throwing everything they've got a Covid; vaccines from reputable institutions are already being trialled. While I cannot predict what will or won't happen and the comments from BA about Gatwick are deeply concerning, please take a deep breath and try to get a sense of perspective of the likely long term effect of Covid on BA and LHR/LGW. Once a vaccine is found, we are likely to see a recovery in demand for flying
Yes, David, what you say is true - no argument. But, Covid isn't finished yet; & it is not the medical effect that is most worrying, it is the economic; & Governments' reactions to that. Also, a vaccine will be a while coming. My point is that we probably don't have the time to wait before everything goes to rag****. I could be wrong, but I don't think that the basic premise of my comment is too far off the mark. We do not have too much time going on like this !