PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Working Life After Flying
View Single Post
Old 30th Apr 2020, 08:11
Smokey Lomcevak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Working Life After Flying

As the implications of the current crisis begin to emerge, no doubt many of us are taking stock of our positions and considering what outcomes might mean for us and our families. When I - personally - try and imagine a worst case scenario facing me - i.e. compulsory redundancy on statutory terms, I’m at a loss about what to do next. I was fortunate to embark on a flying career shortly after leaving university, so my only experiences other work have been fairly menial - and my degree itself is could be described as mediocre and specifically related to aviation.

I wonder if there’s anyone still lurking here that has left a career in flying - either voluntarily or otherwise - that would mind sharing their story - successful or otherwise - about finding gainful employment thereafter. Perhaps some of us here can draw on these posts - not only as a source of positivity and hope - but as a potential source of ideas, too. It seems particularly difficult to divert attention away from the worries ahead - and so instead of worrying about things that are currently beyond my control, I want to try and focus that attention more productively. I for one am grateful for any contributions.

I know this does’t specifically relate to the ‘Terms and Endearment’ we all face in our current positions - but I dare say that is where the target audience may well be lurking. If there’s a more important place for it then I apologise.