PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - What is your airline doing?
View Single Post
Old 29th Apr 2020, 20:16
Satoshi Nakamoto

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by aileron
Hi Joe, Where do I start? For me a few quickies........reducing your tax band by making large payments into a pension (up to your max) also using past years allowances, claiming for higher rate tax relief on past years non salary sacrifice contributions, switching to SS pension contributions, claiming back past years dividend withholding taxes, contributing to your spouse’s pension (tax relief), digging out former companies pensions which were gathering dust, reducing this years tax by informing HMRC of your reduced earnings, moving pension payments into better performing funds rather than the default choices, opening a pension for your children (25% uplift from HMRC), moving shares into ISA, full ISA contributions, informing HMRC of any past Capital losses to offset any future gains, etc etc. And of course the most important one of all.......needs and wants......stop spending. Oh yeah don’t marry a gold digger and definitely don’t get divorced. Does she love me because I’ve got four bars on my uniform? 😁
I always viewed financial advisors as being a bit dodgy but a good one will make/save you 10 times what you pay him. If only I’d swallowed my pride 20 years ago and got one onboard.
Apologies for the thread creep just wanted to put it out there.......be proactive with your money. GLA
Couldn't agree more aileron. Live well within your means, load yourself up with assets, get rid of the liabilities. It is not rocket science FFS.

Last edited by Satoshi Nakamoto; 29th Apr 2020 at 23:15.