PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - China's expansionist strategy
View Single Post
Old 29th Apr 2020, 16:58
Just This Once...

Received 47 Likes on 23 Posts
Originally Posted by Asturias56
Ermmm the Govt of Taiwan also considers it is part of China.
I doubt that Govt of Taiwan considers itself as part of Communist China in any shape or form. Pretty hard to be a functioning democracy if did.

About the closest you could get to the 'One China' or the 'One Country, Two Systems' is the Communist (revisionist) view of the '1992 Consensus', but that view is not shared by Taiwan.

Consider this statement from the Taiwanese President in early 2019:
First, I must emphasise that we have never accepted the "1992 Consensus." The fundamental reason is because the Beijing authorities' definition of the "1992 Consensus" is "one China" and "one country, two systems." The speech delivered by China's leader today has confirmed our misgivings. Here, I want to reiterate that Taiwan absolutely will not accept "one country, two systems." The vast majority of Taiwanese also resolutely oppose "one country, two systems," and this opposition is also a "Taiwan consensus."
The govt of Taiwan would support China rejecting the current totalitarian communist system and 'bravely move towards democracy'. Not sure anyone was holding their breath with that one.