PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Help... global type rating Dec 2nd
View Single Post
Old 23rd Nov 2003, 00:06
little bo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Flyingoli,
Your quite right I hold my hands up! I had Burgess Hill on the brain... I have now edited my original post. But accomodation anywhere in the sussex area would be fine.
I'll be doing the B737 rating.

In a bit of a rush but quick info on the assesment day. Too be honest there isn't much you can do in the way of preperation. The psychometric test is split into 2 parts. An abstract reasoning section (shapes) and a numerical test. The technical paper itself is relatively straight forward, no gotcha's and covers a litttle bit of everthing. Personality profile is just a case of picking the word that best describes you and there is no correct answere so don't worry about that. The sim assessment is great fun and they talk you through everything before you start so there are no surprises. Comprises of T/O, G/H then into the hold then radar vectors for an ILS. It took about 45min and I think what there looking for is the ability to show progress rather than a perfect flight. They are well aware of the fact that this may be your first time in a jet so don't worry if you make a mistake... I would have thought everyone does.