PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - QF LCC to recruit externally..
View Single Post
Old 22nd Nov 2003, 21:33
Col. Walter E. Kurtz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Keg, i am not necessarily referring to the IPG. Those guys already have a job flying airliners.

I am just asking the question.

There are plenty of pilots who aren't currently 'prostituting' themselves (not my quote-not necessarily my opinion) at Impulse, are outside and looking in, who would jump at the chance to progress onto an A320/B737 at their own expense/increased debt level.

There is a hungry horde out there that none of us are considering or helping, because, for example, 'that's GA", and the reality is they are waiting in the wings (excuse the pun) to sign up as soon as the opportunity exists, and there won't be a damn thing anyone will do about protecting themselves.

It'll be every man for himself - cause the collective doesn't really care, and doesn't really exist.

Hence, we are having these discussions.

I don't condone working for less than squillions of dollars. But one mans pittance is another mans fortune.

At the end of the day, and it may seem defeatist, you will never be able to control the pilot market whilst there is a surplus of pilots, however qualified/unqualified, talented/untalented.

Unless of course we resorted to Painter and Docker type tactics, but that's not going to happen, is it.

Last edited by Col. Walter E. Kurtz; 22nd Nov 2003 at 21:52.