PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Who will survive this and be here in 6 months ?
Old 27th Apr 2020, 04:17
bringbackthe80s

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Going back to the ot.

I think more than a few people are trying to predict what’s going to happen based on common logic, previous economy patterns etc.

The thing is, this is not a case of which company is richer, bigger, older. This is a case of which companies can get money and credit lines from governments, shareholders and banks.
There is simply no way any private air transport business can survive something like this.

Just look at which group any given airline belongs to, or who are the shareholders, or if it’s backed by their governments and you’ll have a pretty accurate idea of who has a chance.

In a (not so) extreme example, nothing would stop all private airlines being wiped from the globe, and starting from scratch in a couple of years with new, debt free companies. Just saying.

Commercial aviation is vital to any country’s economy. VITAL. So in a couple of years time it will probably be almost normal. Between now and then, what I said before.
Good luck to all of us.