PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Losing recency
Thread: Losing recency
View Single Post
Old 26th Apr 2020, 16:43
Slasher1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by mngmt mole
Globo, good assessment btw. I suggest that the nuclear option is coming. They are simply tinkering with the fuses at the moment...! Sadly, the arrangements on the bases are almost certainly going to be either extended, or more likely, closed altogether. The economics no longer favour the bases, and the company certainly isn't going to continue with the arrangement as it currently exists. As for HK, have been told that this week or next will reveal the bigger picture. It is hard to imagine that CX will not use this crisis to clear away several of the aspects of our contracts that they have been targeting for decades. Certainly what i've been told suggests big changes to come. The initial reaction to Covid is what has plunged us all into crisis, but the bigger problem is the domino effect on the world economy, and then the "fear factor" that has now been ingrained into peoples psyche, something that will prevent a return to "normal" for a very long time. This is not like prior crises. This is an epochal reset in human history.
It does not help that many nations' plans have been feckless. Destroying the economic engine that supports everything else. Including medical care.

It's like a doctor saying "Hey--I've got a cure for the flu. We just shoot the patient !"