PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Losing recency
Thread: Losing recency
View Single Post
Old 26th Apr 2020, 15:32
MENELAUS

Received 27 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by LLLQNH
Have a look on the Labour Department website you'll be able to find it in about 2 mins, of course it doesn't mention Seniority and airline specific items it's about employment contracts in Hong Kong and how companies can break them or amend them in certain situations.

https://www.labour.gov.hk/eng/faq/cap57k_whole.htm#q4

here you go even done the hard work for you! Question 4
Thank you. Yes. I don’t know how long you’ve been here, if you are indeed employed by CX, however this doesn’t tell us anything we didn’t know already.
Forgive me; if I were a scalphunter or a bean counter ( I’m not ) the last thing I’d be doing is recovering guys to HK from a base, reinstate or indeed commence expat benefits, only to lay them off 3 months later. I know airlines are honours’ graduates in pissing away cash, however, this will not fly in any scenario. So, simplistic views aside, we have no leverage, no real protections and they’ll do wtf they want. And there’s not a whole lot we can do about it. Just pray it ain’t your turn in the barrel. And buy a bigger crash helmet.
All that said they have, so far, not gone for the nuclear option. And I’m as surprised as the next man. Such is the dichotomy that is CX.