PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Possible refund of training fees and further advice.
Old 25th Apr 2020, 09:30
kungfu panda

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by parkfell
If anyone is going to spent a six figure sum, which may well involve them remortgaging their house, so that their offspring can attend an ATO, don’t you think a significant amount of private research is done first?
Any wild claims are bound to be challenged at the time? They are not mug punters?.

Marketing are bound to say what has actually happened in the last 12 months to customers who have completed.
xx % went RHS within 6 months of leaving.

They might say that “Higgy Haggy airline” has just interviewed here, and taken 10 out of 12 from Course No.123; they start their type rating on the ‘SST mk2’ next month.
[The 2 unsuccessful customers, failed a number of exams, took three attempts at the IRT, were spoilt brats and probably unemployable, due to lack of commitment etc]

Very few will actually believe what Gordon Brown said as Chancellor of the Exchequer (c.2005?) that the days of boom & bust are over. Economists talk about the 7 year cycle.
China needs to keep expansion going to ensure near full employment to avoid political unrest of the masses. That is an entirely different matter.....

Since when did any ATO guarantee that little Johnny will gain lucrative employment?

Only medical schools can say with some degree of certainty that employment is virtually guaranteed.
Now that is a hard slog with not less than 10 years from the start to becoming a GP. Hospital doctors even longer.
In my view as previously described, European ATO's have become the biggest con tricksters that you can imagine. I said that I'd like to see them sued. I'm not holding my breath.
I've been in this business for a very long time. I've never seen a Pilot Shortage, I have seen multiple Pilot gluts. That's never going to change.
Cadets have been selected over experienced candidates in order to keep FTO's training. Very unfortunate. The Cadet one day becomes the experienced candidate.
I have colleagues now, who are being terminated from current positions, high experience, 49 or 50 years old, expecting never to work again. I can assure you that those colleagues are the safer choice to an Airline than any Cadet.