PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Shuttleworth Displays - Feedback Required, Please
Old 22nd Nov 2003, 16:49
Hairyplane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
German aircraft at OW

Storch! Yes please!

I have fancied a Storch for many years now and actively started looking a couple of years ago.

I found a real time-warp genuine Fiesler/ Argus machine in Germany - met the agent, met the son of the owner, agreed to pay the full asking price, agreed to accept the aircraft on their terms (they actually wanted me to fly it to the UK! What an ordeal!)

However, the next thing I knew was that the owner had sold it to the USA - Gerry Yeagens now has it.

I dont think he has done anything with it yet.

If he will let it come back to the UK for the price he paid for it in Germany (and thus put right the dirty dealing by the vendor) we might see a Storch in the skies over Old Warden on a regular basis.

It was a bit of a dog but that was what I loved about it - a fasinating machine in original condition (except it has later metal wings) and with a fascinating history.

Ok, the Messenger (You didn't expect me to mention a Storch without a Messie comparison did you??) does it further, faster, smaller, more passengers, less fuel, similar STOL and, I am certain, a lot nicer to fly if those I have spoken to are all correct (the Storch is a pig to fly too...) the Storch has a fascination, attraction and sheer interest that the dear old Messenger never managed (Resignation from The Miles Collection about to be requested...!).

So come on Gerry - we want it back in Europe. Go and ask Kermit if you can fly his, we aint got one (OK, I know we have a MS Criquet with a roung engine but...well...it aint a Storch is it.

HP