PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Who will survive this and be here in 6 months ?
Old 22nd Apr 2020, 18:29
CaptainProp

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Jetscream 32, that would be great information but nobody, and I mean NOBODY, knows what and when those pax numbers are going to be.

So here they are, all airlines not just easyJet, trying to survive these next months and then deal with next hurdle. I guess the taxpayers will want their money back so payback terms of government COVID19 loan facilities will be renegotiated if needed. If not, we’ll potentially see quite a few companies filing for bankruptcy and defaulting on government loans which means money is gone. In easyJet’s case, and likely all other financially viable companies, I presume they’ll go to the commercial market for loan swap deal to get out of government loans as soon as it is possible.

An operational point to remember is also that costs will only really rise beyond reported £120m / month if and when the fleet gets activated and crew called in from the various furlough schemes. In other words, aircraft and crew will only get activated when there is a business case for that to happen. I think business will get going in some bases and on some routes pretty quickly, but take much longer time elsewhere. For employees this means that some will stay on furlough pay for a much longer time than other will.

CP