PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - QF LCC to recruit externally..
View Single Post
Old 22nd Nov 2003, 06:24
flyingins

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Rumour seems to have it that "This industry" is about to find yet another place for the aforementioned "bunch of prostitutes". So bang goes that theory.

Airlines are businesses. Their purpose is to make money and to do so in the 21st century costs have to be reeled in. Whether we like it or not, conditions for pilots (and flight attendants, and engineers and lawyers and every other profession on the planet) will continue to go downhill.

You can't stop it, I can't stop it, mainline pilots can't stop it and believe you me, Impulse pilots can't stop it. I think the mistake being made on this thread and others like it is that Impulse is the thin end of the wedge. Wrong. The wedge was driven in years ago (Airlink/ AO/ JetConnect etc) and it still has a long way to go.

Slam Impulse pilots to your heart's content (do you need an invitation? ) but at the end of the day the rank and file are just doing their jobs and trying to make a living. Would you turn down the offer to fly an A320 just so some bloke you never met can get his 737 command in 5 years instead of 10? I doubt it.

Welcome to the real world, people. Not always fair, is it?