PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Career advice for Pilots..
View Single Post
Old 21st Apr 2020, 22:18
Master1975

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dear Aviation Enthusiast,

we all love our job it is the best place to work in it.....but.....after already 3 insolvency's and a little time outside the European country i must realized it was just a delayed step out of aviation because many of us jumped already from other insolvency's to another one. Where we are right know....the airlines even the few that have a lot of money like Ryanair will survive and they will use CORONA to push down the TC's...working under the short time work allowance will be realistic until the 12 month are over. All the companies can and will do it because the use money from the governments. We a cheap employers right now believe me. We will and have already lost our power for a long time...is anyone here that thinks the unions will have any power in the future to fight for FAIR not better TC's....it will not be the fact...the airlines and the management will always put the COVID-19 cleaning rag on the table and will say SORRY but you know CORONA happened we can just reduce the TC'S

Aviation shrink's, at the end of the year 30 airlines or more will be bankrupt, the others reduces the size of the fleet.....Lufthansa already decided to closed Phoenix and Bremen in a few weeks...because who need young pilots if the market it full of us....we all are replaceable and with the crises know there a so many of us on the job market that the next 10 years all pilots can be recruited from the pool of fired pilots with sometimes more then 10000 hours on the shoulders.

Pls. youngsters don't and again don't trust the ATO's there all a liars and just want your money....to start to become a pilot right now is in fact burning of money...look to the left and right side...Airbus is just a step away to kick us out of the flight deck (automatic guidance during take off)...of course a lot will now say that will never happen....like "the aviation will never go down".....the aviation is DOWN and CORONA is like a emergency brake. The latest numbers from the ICAO says more then 30 Million of us from the lady that clean the toilet over the Lady on the information desk, the Lady at MC Donalds and all the others that made it possible for us to practice our profession. These people will never get back what they had passion.....very sad to see.....

i just started a training to become a professional truck driver and have 9 years until i can enjoy my pension.....i forget to say.....i'm was not employed by Lufthansa or Ryanair and was never in China....so far i will be an average pensioner....

Hope that the youngsters under us that just started a few months ago can survive this and have the chance to experience the same moments like we had in the past with all the feeling and sometimes tears in our eyes....and during i write this i have tears in my eyes remembering all the good moments that i had with my crew on duty and during layovers
For all others which thinking about to start with pilot training...DON'T DO IT....

For all uf us stay healthy