PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Is it really that hard...
View Single Post
Old 21st Apr 2020, 10:49
pineteam

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Phantom Driver
Good idea .
Phantom I hope you are joking there cause that's the exact opposite of what is recommended... xD
Please check out the Airbus videos: https://www.airbus-win.com/ All I said above is from there. There is no debate to have. This is a real issue.
According to Airbus, one third of the accidents, the main cause are the lack of flying skills.
I do agree with you that the simulator sessions should be reviewed to emphasize more on hand flying.
In my outfit, we do it every 6 months. Is that enough to be safe? Definitely not. Hand flying should be done regularly in the real plane. Against, that's not coming from me but from Airbus itself. I personally can feel degradation in my scan and accuracy just within just few weeks when I don't do raw data for a while.
For the 6 years I have been flying Airbus, I have been to the sim with many different cpts and fos and it's always the skippers who are reluctant to fly raw data in line operations who have serious issue in the simulator. That's not a coincidence...

Last edited by pineteam; 21st Apr 2020 at 11:12. Reason: typo