PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Race discrimination in european airlines ??
Old 20th Apr 2020, 23:41
A320LGW

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi FuturePilot,

With all due respect sir, I doubt that username will ever come to bear fruit. Yes, I am a 'commercial pilot' in case you feel the need to ask me the same thing.

From your responses here I would not show up for work if i knew you were going to be my colleague for the day. I would also report you to the company (it will never get that far though, the chief pilot or someone from management/HR will see something is not right well before).

My background is also of an ethnic minority, my name is not european. I never considered it to be an issue. I never thought about it, nor did my employers. There was never any reason for it to be, the most that happens is someone asks me where it is from (ancestry not too distant from your own self). So no, background does not count one jot.

However it absolutely counts that you seek to pick an argument wherever, that you seem to have this urge to prove yourself and knock down anything and everything, anyone who you suspect (via a clearly paranoid thought process) to be 'attacking' you, even if they are not. People have given you decent advice, you need to listen.

If your posts mean anything, you are too aggressive to occupy a pilot's seat. Can you take criticism? This thread suggests you cannot, how will you be during flying training? during line training? Especially that you will be on the older side of the spectrum, likely finishing training into your 30s, another few years to actually get a job in the climate. I hate to generalise, but the older people tend to come across more difficulties and need a lot more correcting than the younger guys who just suck it all up, the brain don't work the same. Are you going to fight with everyone who corrects you? You'd be kicked out a sim quicker than you can say the word.

You need to be able to have a laugh too, laugh at yourself, loosen up. People make jokes about themselves and each other all the time in this job, it's all light hearted fun. No bad intentions.

Good luck.

Last edited by A320LGW; 21st Apr 2020 at 00:06.