PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Race discrimination in european airlines ??
Old 20th Apr 2020, 23:21
Futurepilot1991

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by truckflyer
I don't think you should take such comments to personal, specially not on these forums, many will give you a blunt and honest answer, it might not be the answer you was hoping for, which will make it sound even worse for you.

The truth is I do find your title slightly presumptuous, I am not saying racism does not exist, however during the job selection process this is very unlikely to stop your career in most of Europe, unless of cause you make at an issue yourself.

The truth is that the aviation world is in crisis, I am not going to repeat what has been written before, but just look at today, 1500 pilots lost their jobs, few days ago 256 pilots lost their jobs, some weeks before that FlyBe went bankrupt, and now nobody knows anything what is going to happen over the next 3 - 4 months, one thing is for sure, even when companies start flying again, it will be many years before there will be new jobs available, at best maybe from 2022, 2 - 4 years is not an unreasonable time now before there will be any chance of new low hour pilot jobs.

So best advice now, don't rush, work slowly towards your ratings, save your cash, and wait to see how the market will change over the next 12 months.
I am suspecting people will not be travelling like before, for some time unfortunately.
i am sorry for that ( maybe because of other provocating guys) . Concerning the title , i apologize for everyone who had misunderstood it . I wanted to shed some light on the immigration and terrorism issues and its effect on real life .i have nothing against europe and europeans.
thank you for the reply and I will be patient and wait till things get better .