PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Global Aviation Solutions testing day
View Single Post
Old 21st Nov 2003, 15:09
Aviate378

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
opsmaneurope,

as I said before, my sometimes quite provocative postings were made only because there were lots of people who wanted to know more about this deal and the actual chance to land on reasonably well paid job after a successfull final check. My comment about "airlines who can not afford to pay salaries" was ment to be just a challenge to reveal who those airline customers actually are and what kind of salary could actually be expected ( quite pertinent information to any prospective trainee, don't you think?).

After reading PPRuNe Towers reply (he seems to know this training organization and people connected with it pretty well) I do believe when CH4 says: "The information that most people are asking is now available..." , that he really means it.

Finally, I would like to quote CaptainFillosan's words (because I couldn't say it any better): "GAS HAVE to be open and honest about final line checks leading to a contractually safe job. It should NOT encourage people to take on the committment unless this is forthcoming. That would be the fair and honest thing to do."

Best Regards

Aviate378

ps. If someone is wondering why I'm so worried about the "wannabees" future here, I can reveal that I got ripped off during my initial pilot training in the USA. Even I tried to be as carefull as I could, it somehow happened! Luckily it didn't prevent my dream to come true and I truly enjoy my life as a professional pilot these days.

I try to take it as a learning experience and make sure it will not happen again, to any of us, if possible at all. It was a very clever scam, but I do not want to go in details here because this is the wrong arena, it was not connected anyway or anyhow into any of people or organization mentioned in previous posts.

Last edited by Aviate378; 21st Nov 2003 at 16:02.