PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Do you remember? - Emirates Covid-19 Ad
View Single Post
Old 14th Apr 2020, 16:19
Emma Royds

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I personally will reserve any praise or gratitude for my employer, until after we have navigated through these turbulent times. Whilst I am obviously appreciative to still be employed when some others in the industry are not so lucky, there is still no light at the end of the tunnel and the toll this virus will take on the company and the industry, is still unknown to a great degree.

Many legacy airlines around the world are retiring aircraft earlier or are placing newer airframes into long-term storage, with the largest types most likely to be culled. EK has the highest average seat count per aircraft than any other airline has in the world, which is a great accolade to have when you can find the passengers to fill your aircraft but it places it at a distinct disadvantage in times of weaker demand for travel. Whilst it is comforting to see that the state announced two weeks ago that there will be some form of equity support, the fact that it has reached this stage highlights that EK is no more immune to the unpredictable times that lie ahead, than any other airline is.

How our management performs in the months ahead will bear a direct correlation as to what type of airline there will be in the years ahead, along with if there will be any long term sacrifices to our terms and conditions. Once the dust has settled, then I will be only too happy to express my gratitude to my employer, should it be deserved but until then, the jury is still deliberating.

On a side note, the silence from STC is remarkable given the unprecedented times we are in!